[GRLUG] Dell Ubuntu Computer Issue

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Mon Jan 15 14:46:59 EST 2024

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group wrote:

> Except... this particular model has the SDD soldered to the motherboard, if my research is right.

Doubtful, .. would be a pain for even the factory to install - more likely
a verson of an M2 package, see replacing:

	https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Dell+XPS+13+SSD+Replacement/76058

Perhaps send it back to Dell repair and have THEM install a Windows OS,
then, when you get it back, wipe and install your favorite distro.

Use a live CD and try other distros if you feel like it, .. personally,
I dropped Ubuntu after the whole Unity thing many years ago. My HP Envy
(10+ years old, AMD A10) is still going strong, with no HW problems at
all with OpenSuSE.

	Lee