[GRLUG] Dell Ubuntu Computer Issue

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Mon Jan 15 19:11:49 EST 2024

On 1/15/24 18:03, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group wrote:
>
>> The second time smartctl succeeded before the machine froze up--and the SDD passed. So where does that lead me?
>>
> Build a bootable USB with your favorite distro, boot it, and see if it
> now sees the HD.
>
> 	Lee

Did that also. Fedora 39. It ran beautifully but could not mount the SDD
and could not install. I'm pretty convinced it's the SDD and that it
runs briefly (which is why I can get in for a little while) and then
conks out. I'm a bit worried too about possible overheating problem,
maybe coming from the battery.

I'll take it to a local repair (east of Cleveland) and see what new SDD
and RAM--and motherboard!!--will cost.

Thanks for all the various input.

--
Eric Beversluis