[GRLUG] St. Louis Linux User Group meeting on Feb. 22, 2024

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Tue Feb 20 14:26:21 EST 2024

Who!
The Saint Louis Linux Users Group (STLLUG) is a non-profit, volunteer group that provides education, information and/or support for Linux users.

What!
ONLINE Sessions
NO PHYSICAL MEETINGS until further notice.
ONLINE session will use ZOOM remote video meeting service on 22 February 2024.
When!
Thursday, February 22nd, 2024
from 6:30PM till 9:00PM Central Standard TimeĀ  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Time_Zone>(CST) UTC-06:00

We will open the remote session at about 6:00 PM CST, so that you can join early to test your microphone, screen and video sharing.

TOPIC: Large Language Models
Presenter: Alex Towell

Demystifying Large Language Models (LLMs) on Linux: From Theory to Application
This talk focuses on the intricacies of Large Language Models (LLMs) and their implementation on Linux systems. Drawing from my experience in setting up a local LLM and developing a web service, I will discuss foundational concepts, technical details, and the evolution of LLMs. The presentation aims to be highly interactive, suitable for both beginners and experienced users in AI and machine learning on Linux.

A significant part of the presentation will be dedicated to showcasing frameworks like LangChain and AutoGen, which are pivotal in the development of LLM applications. I'll discuss how these tools can be integrated as web services to enhance LLM capabilities in areas such as statistical analysis and prediction.

The session is designed to be interactive, encouraging a lively and open-ended exchange of ideas and questions. This format is intended to foster a shared learning experience, providing insights into the potential of LLMs and their evolving role in our interaction with technology.