[GRLUG] apt unattended upgrade inhibiting reboot?

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Thu Jun 8 07:53:57 EDT 2023

"sudo kill 148112" did not solve the problem. Process 148112 is still
inhibiting.

"systemctl reboot -i" hung. I finally shut it down using power button.
When it rebooted it did a firmware upgrade.

I'm guessing that maybe the "unattended-upgr" process had hung while
trying to do that?

[sudo] password for eric:
eric at eric-XPS-9315:~$ reboot
Operation inhibited by "APT" (PID 148112 "unattended-upgr", user root),
reason is "APT is installing or removing packages".
Please retry operation after closing inhibitors and logging out other users.
Alternatively, ignore inhibitors and users with 'systemctl reboot -i'.

==

Operation inhibited by "APT" (PID 148112 "unattended-upgr", user root),
reason is "APT is installing or removing packages".

Please retry operation after closing inhibitors and logging out other users.
Alternatively, ignore inhibitors and users with 'systemctl reboot -i'.
eric at eric-XPS-9315:~$ man ps
eric at eric-XPS-9315:~$ ps -p 148112
     PID TTY          TIME CMD
  148112 ?        00:05:17 unattended-upgr

--
Eric Beversluiswww.ericbeversluis.com