[GRLUG] location access on firefox on Mac

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Sun Jan 31 16:39:32 EST 2021

Maybe someone can help me. The people at tv.youtube seem unable to.

It seems that each time I restart Firefox, it need to reverify my location for tv.youtube.com and for some reason it can’t do that through firefox and I have to go get my tablet and verify through the app on the tablet.

With help from tv.youtube people I’ve checked the following settings on Firefox (latest FF version; running Sierra 10.12.6)

geo.enabled true
In system preferences,
    enable locations services is checked
    firefox is checked
in firefox, Preferences-Permissions-Location shows https://tv.youtube.com “allow"

Am I missing something, or is there just some reason that I’m not going to be able to verify location through FF on Mac? Does anybody know?

Maybe it’s a tv.youtube problem? There doesn’t seem to be a problem with accessing local CBS channel on CBS all access.

Eric Beversluis
Short fiction at www.ericbeversluis.com